Thursday 22 August 2013

Villain Tag

I hath been tagged by Lady Ryebrynn Lyla Shveer Crossblade from Ryebrynn's Random Ramblings.

(1.) Who is your favorite (or main) villain of the book/series you are writing, and how would you describe his/her character?
Thrackray, from The Rise of the Shadow. That's not my current project, but I don't know who the main villain from that is (yet). Thrackray is cold and distant–and vengeful. He wants revenge and power.

(2.) What special powers (if any) does this villain have?
Thrackray is a shape-shifter–a Klonratorn. He also has the ability to use Terean powers (like Ta'eyrie and Trantorian).

(3.) What was your inspiration for the character?
I don't think he's inspired by anything–if I had to choose somebody, it would probably be Devin from Dragons in our Midst.

(4.) Of all the villains in your book/series, what distinguishes this villain from the others?
Thrackray hasn't always been a villain–once he was a good guy. And he may yet rise...

(5.) Even though this character is on the side of evil, what trait does this villain posses that you admire?
Thrackray is skilled at what he does. He has worked hard to acquire skills.

(6.) What lessons can be learnt from the character’s story? 
Don't get led astray by lies. Lies may seem like truth, but in the end, they are lies all the same.

(7.) If you had the opportunity to meet your villain, would you do so? 
I'd probably accept. I don't think Thrackray would kill me–unless he knew what I plan to do to him. So, uh ... maybe I wouldn't want to meet him.

-Jag Swiftstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment